The Adventures of Katie's "Little" Family

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthdays, Sushi, Family and Friends

I had every intention of updating yesterday, but we got home and I was so exhausted. All I wanted to do was lay down! I couldn't believe how tired I was. So, here is what we have been up to the last couple of days!

Friday was Jason's birthday. After the kids soccer practice, we went to dinner with his family! With his family, for all birthdays we go out for sushi. I don't eat much sushi, but I love tempura. We always go to the same restaurant. They have great sushi, with large cuts of fish. The older girls both tried sashimi, which for anyone that might not know (I didn't), sashimi is just the fish. No rice. Jayden loved crab. Victoria loved all of it! She tried, salmon, yellowtail, tuna (I think), and crab. She enjoyed every last bit of it! This really impressed Jason's dad! He didn't think she'd like it at all! She's far and away my best eater. I used to say that she had never met a food she didn't like - which isn't totally true because she doesn't like Mac & Cheese!!! What??? Every kid likes mac & cheese! Not this one! She'll eat sushi, but not mac & cheese! Go figure! We all enjoyed our dinner, and since we go to this restaurant so often, we have gotten to know the owners, and she sent out a complimentary bottle of Saki! Since Jason & his dad don't drink, his mom and I had to drink it ourselves (I'm really not complaining)! It was so good! I had never had cold saki before, and it was fantastic! Also, Jason's youngest brother was with us, which was great, because he just got home from Norway last Sunday, and he's leaving again on Wednesday because... He got a contract to play soccer with a professional soccer club out there! We are all so proud of him and excited for him! I think he's pretty excited too!

Yesterday my dad was playing tennis so the kids and I went out and met my mom at the park, and while my dad was playing, we took the kids to the playground and my mom started teaching me how to knit! She was busy taking pictures of the kids (hopefully she'll send me some so I can share them... hint hint), so we didn't get as much time to practice, and I forgot to get the yarn and knitting needles from her so I could take them home and practice! After my dad was done playing tennis we packed up the kids, and went to my brother and sister in laws house. My mom's close friend from childhood, whom we haven't seen in about 12 years, came over and surprised her! It was so great to see her, and see how happy my mom was to catch up with her friend! They have both been on facebook, and pinterest, so they haven't been totally out of touch, but it's just different to get to see someone in person! We also got to meet her husband and furbabies! We loved them all! 

Today we are taking the kids to the park so Micah can play soccer with a couple of his friends, and then after the kids can go play at the playground! Hopefully I will be able to update tonight with a new recipe! We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment