The Adventures of Katie's "Little" Family

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

As promised, I am going to give you the recipe to the very yummy dinner we had last night. Victoria tells me I don't make it enough! My favorite website right now to find recipes on is Skinnytaste. She has the greatest recipes and they are all low fat! She also includes the Weight Watchers points (old and new system), and calories. The best thing is that her recipes are all AMAZING!! So this is where I got this recipe. I can't take credit for it, but it's so good I have to share! Jason and I both agree that we like this better than regular chili with ground beef! I apologize for the picture, I don't have the greatest camera (great for a 5 year old point and shoot), but I know there are shadows on it. When I tried using my flash it really washed it out so you just weren't able to see the deliciousness of this dish!!


Is your mouth watering yet??? Don't you want to make this RIGHT NOW??? All of the kids LOVE this and last night they ALL finished their dinner! If you know my kids, that is a feat in itself! Micah is a very picky eater, so finding something he really likes is hard! He has been getting better lately though. I'm cooking more, and it seems like he's finding he likes more! So anyway, here is the recipe loosely adapted from Skinnytaste...

Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped
1 16 oz can black beans (I haven't been able to find 16 oz here, so I use 15 oz... close enough)
1 16 oz can kidney beans
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (I usually get a larger bag because I use so much, so I put in about a cup and a half)
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning (this is equal to 1/4 C or 4 TBSP )
1 TBSP cumin
1 TBSP chili powder
24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breast (I always just throw mine in frozen)

Directions:

Combine beans, onion, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with cheese, sour cream, avocado, or any of your favorite toppings for chili! Scarf it down!

Try it out and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment